Sunday, July 24, 2011

RIP: Singer Amy Winehouse


When first introduced to Amy Winehouse's voice, I was completely blown away because she brought something fresh and authentic to the music scene. I thought she'd be one of the few artists who would be around forever, much like Streisand or Diana Ross. Years later it was reported that drugs and alcohol became her constant (costly) companion as we all witnessed so much talent and youth slowly vanish, even as we remained hopeful.

I don't know what her "demons" were. I don't know when, how, or where she lost sight of the gift she was given, or at what moment she stop seeing her own "light" and beauty. As oppose to judging her or dwelling on her drug/alcohol use, I hope we remember the talented girl with the soulful, melodious voice.

This is for you, AMY!
RIP

RIP (2004) Amy Winehouse - October Song (Live) AMAZING Performance

No comments:

Post a Comment